Do you want to know what one of the most delicious things in the world is? It’s homemade pizza. About a month ago I told you guys that I’d share the super delicious homemade pizza that Mark and I made and now I’m finally doing it! It’s super easy and SO tasty.
The process is super simple! I made the crust with a recipe from Pizza: From Everyday to Gourmet. I think it would be amazing to add rosemary or other herbs to the crust sometime. This was the classic “thin crust” dough recipe, and I think I may try the gluten-free next since there’s so many of you out there that are gluten free!
- 1 pkg instant yeast
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 3/4c warm water
- 1 Tbsp kosher salt
- Add all ingredients to a large mixer and knead with dough hook for 3-5 minutes.
- Place dough on floured surface and knead by hand until soft and elastic for 5-8 minutes.
- Place in oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap & dish towel on top. Let rise for 1 hr or until the dough doubles in size.
- Once the dough has risen, cut into equal pieces (depending on how many pizzas and what size pizzas you want). Roll each piece into balls, dust with flour, cover w/plastic wrap, and let rise for another 20 minutes.
*Note–you can use active dry yeast, you just have to let it dissolve in water first before adding it to the bowl of ingredients.
Once the dough has risen, use a rolling pin to roll out the dough on a floured surface. Place on pizza stone or sheet pan and add your toppings! We did one meat lovers and one pizza that copied one we had at Pizzaria Lola. The Meat Lovers had red sauce, mozzarella, pepperoni, canadian bacon, bacon, and hamburger meat. The copy-cat pizza had a garlic & olive oil base, prosciutto, mozzarella, ricotta, and topped with arugula! Olive oil was drizzled on top when it was done.
If you guys try this amazing pizza recipe, I hope you enjoy!
- What is your favorite kind of pizza? 2. Pineapple on pizza: YES or NO